5-Ingredient Baked Chicken Thigh – All you need is: five minutes active cooking time and five ingredients to get the juiciest texture with crispy skin.
Recipe type: Appetizer, Dinner, Lunch, Main Course, Meat Cuisine: Chinese
Prep time: 10 mins Cook time: 45 mins Total time: 55 mins
Serves: 2 4
Char Siu (Chinese BBQ Pork) in Pressure Cooker
Make this moist & super tender Char Siu Chinese BBQ Pork with the pressure cooker at home. The
sweet & savory flavors will make you scream for more! You may serve this Char Siu over rice or
1 pound pork butt meat, split the longer side in half
3 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons light soy sauce
1 cup water
A pinch Kosher salt to season
1 tablespoon chu hou paste 柱侯醬
2 cubes Chinese fermented red bean curd 南乳
3 tablespoons char siu sauce (Chinese BBQ sauce) 叉燒醬
½ teaspoon sesame oil
2 tablespoons Shaoxing wine
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- Marinate the pork: Use a fork to poke lots of holes all over the pork as deep as your fork
allows. Marinate the pork for 30 minutes to 2 hours in a ziploc bag with air squeezed out.
Remove the pork and marinade from the bag. Pour 1 cup of water into the Ziploc bag and mix it
with the remaining marinade sticking onto the bag.
- Pressure cook the pork: Pour the marinade mixture into the pressure cooker, then place the
marinated pork butt meat in the pressure cooker on a steamer basket. Season the marinated
pork with a pinch of kosher salt on both sides. Close lid and cook at high pressure for 18
minutes, then 12 minutes natural release.
- Brush the pork: Mix 2 tablespoons of light soy sauce with honey in a small bowl. This sauce is
to give some killer sweetness and color to the outer layer of the pork butt meat. Brush this
honey sauce generously onto the pork butt meat.
- Place pork in oven: Preheat oven to 450°F. Place pork in oven and cook for roughly 4 6
minutes per side until the honey sauce on both sides are browned with some black bits.
- Serve: Serve the char siu with rice or noodles and the leftover honey sauce on the side.
Cleansing Turmeric detox tea:-
- Turmeric- 1/4 teaspoon
- Pinch of black pepper
- Ginger powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Raw honey- 1 tablespoon
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup coconut milk ( optional)
Recipe – Fill mug halfway full with boiling water. Add in the turmeric, ginger, cover and brew for about 5 to 10 minutes. Strain the hot liquid and pour into a cup or mug. Stir in the pepper, honey and coconut milk. Your tea is now ready to drink.
- 2 pounds flank steak, cut into 1/4″ strips
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoon cold water
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced
- Season beef with salt and pepper. Put oil in the cooking pot and select browning. When oil begins to sizzle, brown meat in batches until all meat is browned – do not crowd. Transfer meat to a plate when browned.
- When all meat is browned select Sauté and add garlic to the pot. Sauté for 1 minute.
- Add orange juice, soy sauce, sesame oil, red pepper flakes, and orange zest to the pot. Add browned beef and any accumulated juices. Select High Pressure. Set timer for 12 minutes.
- When beep sounds turn pressure cooker off and use a quick pressure release. When valve drops carefully remove the lid.
- Combine the cornstarch and water, whisking until smooth. Add cornstarch mixture to the sauce in the pot stirring constantly. Select Simmer and bring to a boil, stirring constantly until sauce thickens. Stir in green onions.
- Serve over rice; garnish with additional orange zest, green onion and red pepper flakes if desired.
An egg baked INSIDE a muffin loaded with cheese and bacon flavours! Great breakfast on the go!
Mini Ham and Cheese Quinoa Cups are poppable, gluten-free, and packed with protein. The perfect breakfast or snack!
I am not a morning person. As some of you may remember, I made a resolution this year to wake up earlier, so I could be more productive during the day and spend less time surfing the web at night. So far, I’ve made about as much progress as I did that time when I …
Quinoa Egg Muffins are a complete breakfast on the go or a snack. So easy and delicious savoury quinoa muffins. Freezer friendly.
Broccoli, Cheddar & Egg Hashbrowns Cups are shredded potatoes baked in a muffin tin and then filled with broccoli, cheddar cheese and eggs.
Chinese Lemon Chicken Wings – Create super crispy chicken in the oven in the shortest time, then serve the wings with the most scrumptious lemon sauce.