Strips of fork-tender flank steak in a spicy orange sauce. No need to buy Chinese take out when it’s so quick and easy to make at home.
Pressure Cooker Spicy Orange Beef
- 2 pounds flank steak, cut into 1/4″ strips
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoon cold water
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced
- Season beef with salt and pepper. Put oil in the cooking pot and select browning. When oil begins to sizzle, brown meat in batches until all meat is browned – do not crowd. Transfer meat to a plate when browned.
- When all meat is browned select Sauté and add garlic to the pot. Sauté for 1 minute.
- Add orange juice, soy sauce, sesame oil, red pepper flakes, and orange zest to the pot. Add browned beef and any accumulated juices. Select High Pressure. Set timer for 12 minutes.
- When beep sounds turn pressure cooker off and use a quick pressure release. When valve drops carefully remove the lid.
- Combine the cornstarch and water, whisking until smooth. Add cornstarch mixture to the sauce in the pot stirring constantly. Select Simmer and bring to a boil, stirring constantly until sauce thickens. Stir in green onions.
- Serve over rice; garnish with additional orange zest, green onion and red pepper flakes if desired.
Source: Spicy Orange Beef recipe from Pressure Cooking Today