This creamy pasta is #dinnergoals.
- 12 oz. fettuccine
- 4 slices bacon
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 3/4 c. freshly grated Parmesan, plus more for garnish
- 1/3 c. freshly chopped parsley, plus more for garnish
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta according to package directions until al dente. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup pasta water, and return to pot.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, cook bacon 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook until bacon is crispy, 2 to 3 minutes more. Transfer to a bowl and drain half the fat in skillet.
- Add chicken to skillet and increase heat to medium-high. Season generously with salt and pepper and cook, flipping halfway through, until no longer pink, 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low and return bacon to skillet. Toss, then add cooked pasta and toss until combined.
- In a small bowl, beat together eggs, Parmesan, and parsley and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour egg mixture over pasta and toss until coated, then add a couple tablespoons pasta water until creamy. (Add more pasta water by the tablespoonful as necessary.)
- Garnish with Parmesan and parsley and serve immediately.